Thursday, August 5, 2010

Oh My God Baby Rabbits.

Oh my god baby rabbits.

They are THE cutest things on the planet, including kittens and puppies and human babies and fire (according to Boyfriend).

They're tiny, as demonstrated by the picture of my dad holding two of them. I took the picture. The one on the left is named Yeti, because it's the runt, and the one on the right is named Oatis, after Boyfriend's dog.



My neighbors found these and two others in their woodpile, abandoned by their mum. They dug a burrow for them and sat around for a while, waiting for the mum rabbit to show up.

Then the neighbors brought them over and I fell in love.

My favorite was named Wendell, who had really big ears and no white splotch. (The other rabbit's name was Milo, which has no correlation with the fact that one of the others was named Oatis.)

Today I spent five hours in the back yard cuddling them, and tomorrow my neighbors are bringing them to an animal shelter.

My heart has been broken.

I have literally been crying and eating ice cream for like fifteen minutes. This is tragic, and Boyfriend's visiting his grandparents like five hundred miles away.

Boyfriend is gone and the bunnies are leaving and I am a massive, massive drama queen.

*Sigh.*

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE TO GET RID OF MINE SO I KNOW THE FEELING /.\ MINE ARE THE SAME COLORS AND ERRY'THING AND WE FOUND 6

    ReplyDelete