Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lovin' The Fallopian Way

I just thought it'd be great to have that as a title. But this post is dedicated to the writer of that blog, and is also my new favorite poet of all time. Take note, JP.

I got into the creative writing elective at my high school, and right now we're working on poetry.
This is my 'I am From' poem. I really like these.

I am from places where the grass reaches past your knees and water rises above your head.
I am from yellow linoleum in an old, old house on the corner of a busy street.
I am from smooth round pebbles and chipped nail polish, and feelings that no one can name.
I am from indescribable love and indescribable loss.
I am from the moment before dawn and the moment right after dark.
I am from the smell of Halloween and stage make up, and the rustle of the curtains before they open.
I am from socks with holes in the toes and ripped Converse that you can't let go of.
I am from crappy blue ballpoint ink and forgotten puzzle pieces.
I am from pieces of broken mirror and necklaces hung with pull tabs and bottle caps.
I am from sentimental love notes slipped into lockers and kisses stolen in hallways.
I am from the sound of the waves around you and stones skipped into the sea.
I am from lies and half truths told in darkness and forgotten in daylight.
I am from sand between your toes and the wind in your hair.
I am from the sound of a pen on paper.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy this post. ;)

    Also, I Am From poems are kick ass. I took that Creative Writing class twice. Your first three lines are the strongest, in my opinion. thanks for the flattery!

    ReplyDelete